Applying one of the best night creams for wrinkles provides exactly what we need – smoother, rejuvenated skin. It is super easy and you just need to relax and see the results in the morning. Anti-aging night creams focus on moisturizing and preventing the signs of skin aging.
Beauty sleep is not a myth, as the skin rejuvenation process happens when we doze off into the land of dreams. However, that is not enough to keep our skin looking fresh and young. Apart from the necessary skin care cleaning routine, there are many products on the market to help us repair and maintain the natural glow without wrinkles.
How to Choose the Best Wrinkle Night Cream
Though every cream promises to take years off, some are actually not so beneficial to use. It is important to always look for healthy ingredients and read the label.
The best night creams contain common healthy ingredients:
- Vitamin C
- Coenzyme Q10
- Hydroxy acids
To find a night cream for glowing skin, one must include several key factors. First of all, get informed about your skin type and the cause of wrinkling. Your face is the most exposed area of the skin and it’s constantly affected by sunlight and external bacterial invaders.
According to the Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology journal, the sun affects 80, 3 percent of the skin aging process. Next, smoking, facial expressions, and genetics play an equally important role in wrinkle formation.
The following step is to determine your skin type. Cleanse your face without or with a mild skin care product, and wait for half an hour. Afterward, look yourself in the mirror and notice if:
- Your skin feels tighter – This means you have dry skin.
- Your skin feels shinier – You have normal/combination skin.
- Your skin feels oily – If the shine includes your cheekbones, forehead, and a nose, your skin is probably oily.
- Your skin feels inflamed – Your skin type is sensitive.
Dry skin is caused by genetics, hormonal changes, medications, cosmetics, and UV radiation. Symptoms include barely visible pores, more visible fine lines, non-elastic skin, and peeling of the skin. Although your lifestyle and diet affect the skin, people with this condition should exfoliate daily and search for natural oils to hydrate and smooth out their skin.
Normal skin is not as sensitive and doesn’t have too many imperfections. The complexion is usually radiant, so the skin care should include a light moisturizer and not so heavy products for cleaning the dead cells.
The combination skin type is quite common compared to other types of skin, but it can be problematic, as some parts of the skin are normal and some dry or oily. The famous T-zone (forehead and nose line with the chin) issues, blackheads and large pores are indicators of combined skin. It’s important to have different type of care for divided areas, which is the reason why people with this skin type should gently exfoliate the skin and apply moisturizers with a gel-like texture.
Overly shiny skin with enlarged, clogged pores and acne are indicative of the oily skin type, which is also less prone to wrinkles. Natural moisture keeps the skin elastic and youthful, but its overproduction of sebum causes it to build up in pores. As usual, it is important to exfoliate and use the best night creams for balancing the tone and skins texture.
If you have problems with dry, red, and easily irritated skin, it is best to find the triggers and eliminate them. They are often skin products which cause the irritation and redness, however, consult with your dermatologist to find ingredients suitable for your skin and make sure you exfoliate.
Age & Night Skin Care
When it comes to skin care it is never too early or late to start paying attention to your skin. Our skin constantly changes, thus the anti-aging products evolve to adapt to the skin’s needs. However, prevention, protection, and skin correction differ from our 20s to our 50s. The burden of ever-passing time reflects on our skin, so explore the best age-appropriate night cream’s.
The Best Anti-Aging Night Creams for 20s
During your 20s, your skin is young and resistant, your lifestyle is fast and your diet is unhealthy, yet the skin can take it all without showing any signs of neglect. Nevertheless, nowadays many men and women in their 20s are starting to take precautions by eating healthier and applying moisturizers for sun protection. Creating a healthy routine early on is beneficial on many levels. Most importantly, because it is far easier to get rid of the first signs of aging as they start to appear, and it is also far less expensive.
The Best Anti-Aging Night Creams for 30s
After hitting 30, our skin begins to show the years behind us. Now is the time to change your skin care routine and start putting more effort in choosing the right product for delaying the signs of ageing. Have in mind that when you reach your 30s, retinol is no longer an option, but a requirement. For that reason, use only the best night creams to prolong the aging process, and read the small print on the container.
- Neutrogena Anti-Oxidant Age Reverse Night Cream – The cream is excellent for oily and sensitive skin. It reduces clogging of the pores and improves your complexion. The product description states it is clinically proven to smooth skin texture, fine lines, and dark spots. The cream contains antioxidants for slowing the aging process and botanical agents for skin protection.
- Clarins Multi-Active Nuit – This cream is the ideal solution for sleepless and stressful youth. It is smooth and light, so the skin can absorb it quickly. The cream is available for oily and normal/combined skin type with organic California poppy extracts formula for a positive effect against the signs of sleep deprivation. The fragrance is pleasing, and the whole package has a luxurious feel to it.
- No 7 Early Defence Night Cream – One of the best night creams with hypo-allergenic properties. The product contains Vitamin E, Lipopeptides and an SPF 15 for the UV protection. The creamy texture is light like a gel, hydrating and the skin absorbs it fast. Although it is mainly for women in their 20s, the cream can also be used in your 30s, until the age of 35 to be precise.
- M&S Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream – If you want to keep the skin well-moisturized, the Ultimate Sleep Cream provides kukui oil, shea butter, and Vitamin E. In addition, it contains anti-wrinkle peptides for giving the skin necessary elastin to maintain the firmness. With many positive reviews, this cream ensures a brighter complexion and a softer skin after only one week of use.
- Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb – As the name implies, the Moisture Bomb is full of healthy ingredients. The non-greasy formula contains Goji Berry, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamins C and E, as well as Pomegranate to strengthen the skin, protect, and reduce the fine lines. It keeps the skin hydrated all day long with visible results after the first use.
The Best Anti-AgingNight Creams for 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond
After reaching your 40s, the natural resources of our skin are weakened. As a result, mature women need to stay hydrated and use only the best night cream wrinkles and products that allow you to regain the essential skin nutrition. The good news is that there are plenty of available products to maintain the fresh look, while decreasing the appearance of wrinkles.
- La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream – A cream that nourishes the skin with SPF30 for preventing cellular damage. Ingredients provide healthy moisturization for smoothing the skin and reducing wrinkles. It comes in a heavy silver container and it should be applied each night on the face and neck area.
- Skinceuticals Renew Overnight Dry (For Normal or Dry Skin) – The main focus of the cream is to rejuvenate and hydrate the skin with 10% hydroxy acid, perfect for exfoliation. Other ingredients include aloe, numerous healthy extracts, and chamomile for restoring the youthful skin tone.
- Prevage Anti Aging Night Cream – This night cream uses a powerful antioxidant formula with Idebenone. Alpha lipoic acid, kinetin, vitamin C, vitamin E, and coenzyme Q10 alongside with Idebenone save the skin from daily stress and pollution. Package details promise a radiant look in the morning.
- Shiseido White Lucent MultiBright Night Cream – Excellent selection for every skin type. The MultiBright Night Cream reduces the appearance of dark spots and acne scars while focusing on the skin’s nighttime cycle. The cream is light and gentle and acts as a mask to better hydrate the skin. This product is dermatologist tested and the effect is noticeable after 2 weeks.
It’s important to use the best anti-aging products on the market with healthy components only. The exceptional night creams for wrinkles have the necessary ingredients, which go well with the best anti-aging eye cream for night use, with special formulas available for every decade of your adult life.
Developing a good skin care routine early on can dramatically slow down the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines later on. On the other hand, it is never too late to start caring for aging skin.